McCoy Consulting, LLC
Naval Power Systems, technology development, Ship Design and Construction
Team building and leadership Expertise
Experienced in creating highly successful organizations from the ground up in both industrial and government settings. Highly skilled at working with international partners.
- Built a diverse team of engineers and acquisition professionals in a government setting to develop advanced power, propulsion and control solutions for Navy ships. Grew the office’s research & development budget six-fold, to more than $150M, despite an overall decline in the DoD R&D budget.
- Served as US Technical Representative on several international Information Exchange Agreements. Initiated a $40M cooperative Project Arrangement with the United Kingdom to share resources and jointly develop advanced shipboard power and automation systems.
- Served as an External Advisory Board member for smart micro-grid systems research at Sandia National Laboratory. Evaluated research proposals for the National Council for Science and Technology of Greece.
- Initiated an industrial R&D program in the field of electric machines, variable speed drives and control systems. Built a team of engineers to develop new products in the naval, commercial marine, wind energy, oil & gas and metals industries. Set up new company for conduct of R&D and classified military work for its foreign-owned parent. Served as President and CEO of this company. Executed a multi-million dollar internally funded R&D budget, secured externally funded research projects totaling over $10M annually.
- Served on the Office of Naval Research (ONR) Discovery & Invention executive review panel, providing critical evaluation of the US Navy’s basic and applied research portfolio.